I love homemade bread! You can eat it as a breakfast pastry with your morning coffee, or as an afternoon snack, or for dessert! Lemon Zucchini bread is a summertime hit, but honestly, you can enjoy this delectable bread during any season.
Sweetbreads are super easy to make because they don't have yeast or need any time to rest or rise. You can use pantry ingredients you already have and it only takes a few minutes to whip together.
TIP: For this bread, it is extremely important to put the glaze on. I promise you, it is a slice of heaven with that lemony glaze drizzled on top. (To be honest - I went a little overboard with my glaze, but I'm not mad about it.)
If you make this delicious Lemon Zucchini bread, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- zest of 1 large lemon
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 8x4 in. loaf pan. You can also use parchment paper to help the bread from sticking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest and stir.
- Add eggs, oil, and lemon juice and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fold the zucchini into the batter and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread rest in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the loaf onto a wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
- While the bread is cooling, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread and enjoy!