In the foodie community on Instagram, collaborations are a huge thing. When someone hosts a collab, they choose a theme and everyone makes something based off that theme. Then everyone posts their photos using the same hashtag and it increases engagement amongst the participants in the collab. These 30-minute baked strawberry donuts were part of a recent collab I joined and I got so many likes and comments when I posted them!
These donuts really do taste as good as they look in the photos. They're made with real strawberries and topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting. Usually baked donuts without buttermilk can be more dense, almost cake like. But not these 30-minute baked strawberry donuts. The fresh strawberries in the dough not only add to the fresh strawberry taste in the donuts, but they contribute to keeping the donuts moist.
Making the Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
The strawberry cream cheese frosting for these donuts is so flavorful. You can eat it by the spoonful, it's that good! Made from cream cheese, pureed strawberries, powdered sugar and melted butter it's simple to make. But there is one thing you must do to get the same thick, creamy consistency shown in the pictures.
That thing is to make sure the cream cheese is super softened and at room temperature. While recipe testing, I made the mistake of making the frosting when the cream cheese wasn't at room temp. That resulted in having little cream cheese chunks that didn't dissolve when beating it with the melted butter. Even mixing in the powdered sugar turned it into a chunky glaze rather than a thick frosting. So the one key thing I recommend is to make sure that cream cheese is completely softened.
What kind of pan do you use to make 30-minute baked donuts?
You can make these donuts using a donut pan. I used the Wilton non-stick donut pan. I highly recommend it. It makes donut making so easy!
Follow me on social media @thathangrygurl and let me know if you make this recipe! Other dessert recipes you'll love:
30-Minute Baked Strawberry Donuts
- Donut pan (usually holds 6 donuts)
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup strawberries, pureed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 oz cream cheese softened, room temperature
- 4 strawberries, pureed
- 2 cups powdered sugar more or less depending on the consistency you want
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- dash salt
Making the donuts
- in a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, egg, melted butter, and pureed strawberries.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir lightly till moistened.
- Pour batter into a large ziplock bag. Cut the corner and squeeze the batter into a well greased donut pan.
- Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Remove from pans, cool and then frost with the frosting.
Making the frosting
- Beat cream cheese and melted butter till smooth.
- Beat in pureed strawberries, salt, and powdered sugar to get a thick consistency.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the frosting. Let the frosted donuts harden on a cooling rack.