I love a good recipe that can double as a breakfast or dinner option. I love it, even more, when the recipe only calls for 4 ingredients and it's stuff you already have in your kitchen. This Kale, Bean, and Sausage Skillet takes 15 minutes to make and requires 1 can of white beans, Italian sausage, kale, and a fried egg.
The fried egg on top literally ties this whole dish together. It adds so much flavor and let's be honest...when doesn't a fried egg make any food taste better? Once you taste this skillet, it will soon become a favorite in your household.
If you make this skillet, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Kale, Bean, and Sausage Skillet
Sausage and white beans mixed with kale topped with parmesan cheese and a fried egg.
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 can White Beans Cannellini or Great Northern Beans work
- 2 handfuls Kale I bought a bag of precut and washed kale
- 1 handful Shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- Remove casings from Italian sausages. Break into pieces in the skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- While the sausage cooks, make the fried egg and drain and rinse the can of white beans.
- Once the sausage is almost cooked thoroughly, add the white beans and stir till warm.
- If beans and sausage are dry, add some chicken stock.
- Add the kale into the skillet and cook till slightly wilted.
- Top with fried egg, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes (if you like it hot)
Leave a Reply