When you're having a party, shots always end up happening at some point. So why not amp things up this Fourth of July with Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots! They add some flair to basic tequila shots and they are strawberry flavored. Also, instead of salt, you use sugar on the rim.
These Jello shots are a huge hit! I brought these to a Halloween party last year and everyone was asking me to send them the recipe. Plus, the best part about these Jello shots is that you only need 4 ingredients and there is very little prep involved.
If you are interested in using the EZ-Squeeze shot glasses pictured, I picked them up at Party City for $8. They help the Jello come out so much easier than the normal plastic shot glasses. Definitely worth the money and it comes with 50 shot glasses.
Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots
- 2 - 3 oz Boxes of Strawberry Jello Get 2 boxes
- 1 cup Silver Tequila You may need to add more to taste depending on how strong you want the shots to be
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 3 limes Cut into tiny wedges
- Sugar For the rim
- Pour the 2 boxes of Jello into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water until the Jello is dissolved.
- Add the tequila and stir well.
- Pour the liquid into the 2oz shot glasses and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until the Jello is completely set.
- Once the shots have set, dip the rims into lime juice and then dip in the sugar to coat the rim.
- Return the shots to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set the sugar rim.
- Before serving, slice the limes into tiny wedges and put on the rims of the shot glasses.
Leave a Reply