I am a huge fan of Mediterranean food because it is made with fresh ingredients, whole or unprocessed grains, and healthy fats.
These Greek Quinoa Bowls only take 15 minutes and are loaded with fresh veggies, quinoa and drizzled with a homemade dressing that is made from olive oil and apple cider vinegar. You can add a protein, but I think it tastes better vegetarian style. Serve with a side of pita bread and you have yourself a filling meal.
If you make the Greek Quinoa Bowls, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
15-Minute Greek Quinoa Bowls
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Avocado sliced
- crumbled feta cheese to top
- ¼ olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- pita bread
- Add quinoa and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover with a lid. Let quinoa simmer for about 12-15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop and prep all the other ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients - olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, fluff it with a fork.
- Add the quinoa in a bowl. Add the toppings. Pour the dressing over everything. Mix it all together and serve.
- NOTE: can be served chilled (just pop it in the fridge for a few minutes to cool all the ingredients) or at room temp.