Hot dogs are an All-American staple at BBQ's. There's nothing quite like a hot dog fresh off the grill. Placed into a nice, soft bun and topped with all the fixings. But if you are in the mood to shake things up at your next BBQ, you need to try these Firecracker Hot Dogs.
Firecracker dogs are hotdogs on a stick, wrapped in crescent roll dough, and topped with Colby cheese stars. Not only are they yummy, but they also give the food spread a cute festive touch. Firecracker dogs are a 3 ingredient recipe that only takes 10 minute prep time and 20 minute cook time.
These dogs are super easy to whip up in case you need something last minute. They are kid friendly and adult approved! Bring them to the next picnic or BBQ, I guarantee they will go fast. If you make these, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Firecracker Hot Dogs
- 2 cans Crescent rolls I used Pillsbury 8oz tube
- 2 packages Hot dogs 16 hotdogs total
- 16 slices Thick Colby Cheese *Trick* Go to the deli counter and ask them to cut you ¼ inch thick slices of cheese
- 16 Wooden skewers
- Take the skewers and stick them in the hotdogs until there is about an inch and a half sticking out of the top.
- Take the crescent roll dough and pull the triangles apart to separate the dough into 16 pieces.
- Wrap the hotdogs in the dough until you get to the top. Note: you may have to trim the dough to make it skinny enough to go around the hotdogs.
- Place the wrapped dogs on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350° for about 20 minutes or until the crescent rolls are browned.
- While the hotdogs are cooking, you can cut your stars out of the cheese slices and place them aside.
- Once your hotdogs have cooled for 3 minutes, you can stick the stars through the skewer at the top.
- Serve in a cute "firecracker" display or just lay them on top of one another on a plate