Cauliflower is so in right now! I feel like everywhere I turn, there is cauliflower something -- cauliflower rice, cauliflower mash, cauliflower mac and cheese, even CAULIFLOWER PIZZA! So, if you are looking to switch up the typical "Taco Tuesday", you should make these Cauliflower Burrito Bowls.
They are vegan, but of course, you can add sour cream or another type of crema over the top. My base was white rice (you can use brown or quinoa). And my toppings were: cauliflower, black beans, pico, corn, avocado and a lime wedge for the extra zest! But you can customize the toppings based on what you like on your burritos or whatever you have on hand.
If you make Cauliflower Burrito Bowls, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Cauliflower Burrito Bowls
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups white or brown rice
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 12 oz pico de gallo I used store-bought, but you could also make your own
- 1 can corn rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning divided
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Toss the cauliflower with olive oil and half the taco seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 20 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Mix the beans, water and remaining half of the taco seasoning in a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Build your bowl! Add any hot sauces, salsas, sour cream or crema you want.
- Squeeze the lime wedges over the top for extra zest!