This is Chrissy Teigen's famous banana bread recipe from her cookbook, Cravings: Hungry For More. A simple google search will show how many people have tried this recipe, and how much they love it. It is incredible how soft and moist this bread is. The secret ingredient - VANILLA PUDDING. And it is crazy how much the pudding makes a difference.
Chrissy's original recipe is for banana bread in a bundt pan. Even though she says the bundt pan helped make the bread moist, I couldn't get the bundt cake pan to work for me. I either almost burned the bread or the middle didn't cook. So, instead I made this recipe in two loaf pans (8 in. X 3.75 in. X 2.5 in.) and it was DELICIOUS.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes of prep and 1 hour cook time. If you make Chrissy Teigen's Famous Banana Bread, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Chrissy Teigen's Famous Banana Bread
- 2 cups bananas very ripe and mashed. USE 6 BANANAS
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup canola oil plus a little more to grease the pan
- 2 cups flour plus a little more to dust the pan
- 2 cups sugar
- 3.5 oz box Vanilla Pudding
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut I left this out of my recipe because I don't like coconut
- 3.5 oz bar dark chocolate cut into chunks (I used dark chocolate chips)
- Butter for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs and oil. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well BUT GENTLY. I swear this came out differently when I used an aggressive electric mixer. Fold in the coconut and chocolate chunks
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan (that means wipe a little grease all over the inside of the pan, dust it with flour, and tip it upside down to shake out any extra flour). Pour the batter into the pan. (This can also make two 8 × 4-inch loaves, but it’s so much more moist in one Bundt pan!)
- Bake until the cake springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. (Test it with a toothpick at around 50 minutes.) Let it cool slightly in the pan, then use a butter knife to gently release the cake from the sides of the pan and around the inner circle, then flip it onto a plate.
- Let it cool and cut it into slices. Rewarm them and serve them with salty butter!!
Leave a Reply