Valentine's Day week is here and since these cookies were a hit in my office around Christmas time, I wanted to share this recipe again. The surprise Oreo in the middle is honestly the best part, it just melts in your mouth.
This recipe is just a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. But instead of covering the Oreo and placing it in on a baking sheet, I decided to utilize my muffin tins and bake the cookies in there. I put 1 tbsp. of batter on the bottom of the muffin cup. Then I pressed the Oreo into the bottom. Then I put another 1tbsp. of batter over the top.
These cookies come out very THICK when you bake them in the muffin cups. They are hearty and delicious and if you eat the whole thing, it only counts as 1 cookie...right?!
If you make these Chocolate Chip Oreo cookies, please let me know! Tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter equals 2 sticks
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar using a mixer. Mix until well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix in chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
- With a cookie scoop or tablespoon, put one scoop on the bottom of the greased muffin tin.
- Place an Oreo cookie on top and press down slightly so that the cookie dough on the bottom almost fully covers the Oreo.
- Place another cookies scoop or tablespoon on top of that Oreo. Make sure the Oreo is well covered by dough.
- Bake cookies for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Leave a Reply