What is your favorite chocolate candy? Mine is definitely Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. So when I was looking for Halloween inspired recipes I found peanut butter Halloween pumpkins. But then I started to think about what I could do with that recipe to somewhat assemble a quick easy treat to have on hand.
I decided to make that pumpkin recipe I found as is, which is basically just mixing a few ingredients to make the peanut butter mixture sweeter and a thicker consistency. Then I put the peanut butter in the bottom of a bread pan, froze that for about 20 minutes, topped it with melted chocolate and froze that for another 20-30 minutes. Cut into the bite-size or GIANT size pieces you want, and enjoy!
This recipe is so easy and the most time spent on this recipe is the freeze time! If you make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites , please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter softened 1 stick
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- With an electric mixer, mix together peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter until well combined and smooth.
- Place vanilla extract in the water.
- Add water to the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Place the peanut butter mixture in the bottom of a loaf pan. Chill for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips until smooth. Pour over the peanut butter layer.
- Freeze until set. Then you can store it in the refrigerator.