This One-pot shrimp fried rice takes 20 minutes to make and you only need one-pot. This homemade recipe is healthier, cheaper and tastes better than take-out. Simple to make and whoever you make this for will be asking for seconds!
HELPFUL TIP: To keep the ingredients and their flavors from mixing together, cook separately, yet in the same pan. Start with the shrimp, cook it until it’s almost done. Remove from the pan, and start cooking the other ingredients. Add the shrimp back in and mix together with soy sauce.
If you make One-Pot Shrimp Fried Rice, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
One-Pot Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pkg frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can corn
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked rice white or brown
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick skillet or wok, add the oils, and shrimp. Cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove shrimp but allow oils and cooking juices to stay in skillet. Place shrimp on a plate and set aside.
- Add the peas, carrots, corn, and cook until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet. Add the eggs to the other side and cook to scramble.
- Add the shrimp, rice, green onions, soy sauce, salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until shrimp has been reheated. Ready to serve.