These Jumbo Lemon Blueberry Crumb Muffins don’t need an explanation. They speak for themselves with how delicious they look. They are made with fresh blueberries, lemon zest/lemon juice, and a subtle crumb topping. They only take 35 minutes to make!
A few tips for making this recipe:
- Make the crumb topping first so that it can chill in the fridge while you are making the batter. The more firm the crumb, the better.
- The secret ingredient to moist muffins: GREEK YOGURT (or sour cream if you don’t have yogurt)
- I used fresh blueberries for the recipe, but frozen fruit will work ok too.
If you make these Jumbo Lemon Blueberry Crumb Muffins, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Jumbo Lemon Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- 1½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1⅓ cups Blueberries Fresh or frozen
- ⅔ cup Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp cinamon (more to taste)
- 6.5 tbsp Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line your muffin tin with liners.
- To make the crumb topping: whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir until crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the muffins: stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, place 2/3 sugar and lemon zest and rub for a minute. Add eggs and whisk with the lemon/sugar until combined.
- Whisk in yogurt, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together.
- Fold the blueberries gently into the batter. NOTE: Reserve ½ cup of blueberries for the topping.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each ⅔ full. Cover each muffin with the remaining blueberries and crumb top.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes then reduce the oven temp to 375° F and bake for about 15-20 minutes until the middle is cooked.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan the remove muffins to cool on a wire rack.