If you aren’t familiar with spiked popsicles, allow me to introduce you to POPTAILS! Popsicles are the best in the summer – cool and refreshing. But boozy popsicles are even better because they get you drunk! These Piña Colada Poptails combine pineapple, coconut, and Rum all into one boozy treat on a stick. Poptails are super simple to prep since you are mixing all the liquids into an ice pop mold. Then they sit in the freezer for up to 6 hours to freeze.
Here are a few tips for making Poptails:
- Ice pop molds are the best way to make these. This is the ice pop mold I used and it only costs $8.30 on Amazon and makes 10 popsicles.
- Keep the ratio of mixer to booze at 4:1. We don’t want as much alcohol as a normal cocktail considering we tend to eat popsicles pretty quickly.
- Boozy popsicles have a softer texture than normal popsicles so it’s best to wait until the very last minute to take out of the freezer to serve.
- Poptails need time to freeze and that time varies by recipe. So if you are preparing these for an event, it is advised to make these the day before.
If you make these Piña Colada Poptails, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Piña Colada Poptails
- 1 ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Coconut water
- ½ cup Cream of Coconut
- ⅓ cup White Rum
- Pour all the ingredients above into a large measuring cup.
- Pour into the ice pop molds.
- If using wooden sticks, place a popsicle stick in each popsicle AFTER you have froze the molds for about an hour. NOTE: the sticks will stay better when you wait an hour before inserting.
- Freeze for up to 6 hours or until frozen solid.