Meal prep can be redundant. Protein. Greens. Carb. Repeat. I know I struggle to find different meal prep recipes that are not only good to enjoy but quick to make. I mean who wants to stand in the kitchen for hours on a Sunday night making a week's worth of meals? Definitely not me!
This turkey meatballs and zoodles meal prep recipe only takes 35-minutes to make and you get four meals out of it. I do have to admit though, I am not much of a spicy foods person and the mixture of the red pepper flakes and siracha was a little too much heat for me. My boyfriend, on the other hand, LOVED THE SPICINESS. So feel free to omit those from the recipe if you know you cant handle it.
If you make this Turkey Meatball and Zoodle meal prep recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Turkey Meatballs and Zoodles
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ lb ground Italian sausage
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup cilantro
- 3 zucchini spiralized
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon siracha
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place the zoodles in a bowl and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of salt and let them sit for a few minutes.
- Drain the excess water and pat dry. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients and mix well with your hands. Form into medium-sized meatballs and set them on a plate.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook for 8 minutes, until the meatballs are nicely browned, Remove to the prepared baking sheet.
- Put the meatballs in the oven for 10 minutes to make sure that they are cooked all the way through. While the meatballs are in the oven, add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet that you cooked the meatballs in and melt.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and sriracha. Stir to mix everything and then add the zoodles.
- Cook the zoodles, stirring often, until they are tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Assemble the meatballs on top of the zoodles and enjoy!
Leave a Reply