I don't know what it is about Mickey Mouse, but I swear when I see things that resemble him, it just makes everything 10 times better! For example, these cupcakes aren't just regular cupcakes...they are cute Mickey Mouse themed. From the red and white polka dot paper baking cups to the mini Oreos thet represent Mickey's ears.
I made these cupcakes for a friend's birthday and they were a MAJOR HIT. The birthday girl herself had three cupcakes, haha oops! These cupcakes have two secret weapons for why you can't stop from having a second or third.
My first secret is putting some crushed Oreo pieces in the Devil's food cake mix. It is such a yummy surprise and the little bit of "crunch" you get is what makes the boxed mix tastier. My second secret is that I use Pillsbury Vanilla Marshmallow fluffy frosting. The icing is supposed to be used on top of the premade funfetti cupcake mix, but it's just way too good to be restricted to only funfetti.
You can make these cute cupcakes without even really knowing how to bake. Just follow the instructions on the box mix, put the icing on the cupcakes ONCE THEY HAVE COOLED, and add the mini Oreos (after you take out the cream middle).
If you make these Mickey Mouse Chocolate Cupcakes, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Mickey Mouse Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix 15 oz
- 1 box box chocolate pudding 5.9 oz
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cup crushed Oreo cookies about 12 -15 cookies
- 1 container Pillsbury Vanilla Marshmallow fluffy frosting
- 24 mini oreos (take the middle cream out)
Baking the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350° and line the 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix together the dry cake mix with the dry pudding mix in the bowl with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the eggs, oil, water, and sour cream.
- Fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool before decorating.
Decorating the Cupcakes
- Ice your cupcakes
- Place 2 mini Oreos on the top of the icing to form Mickey Mouse's ears