Super Bowl weekend is in a few days and usually I look forward to this time of year. But just like a lot of things the past 10 months, due to Covid, Super Bowl wont be the same as previous years. Watch parties and Super Bowl gatherings aren’t happening, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make the most of some drinks and appetizers at home. Buffalo chicken dip is usually the go-to app for game days, but it wont be once you’ve tried my 15-minute buffalo chicken sliders.
There are so many recipes for buffalo chicken. Some take hours to cook in a slow-cooker, some take time to marinate and some take time to coat in breading. But my simple 15-minute recipe is the easiest. I recommend poaching the chicken breasts for shredding. Poached chicken leaves you with tender and juicy chicken.
How To Poach Chicken
According to Bon Appetit, poaching something is to cook it while submerged in liquid at a low temperature. Sometimes people overcook the chicken when they poach and the chicken turns out terrible. But poaching correctly can lead to one of the most tender pieces of chicken you’ll ever eat. Bon Appetit shares the steps to make sure you poach chicken perfectly every time.
However, if you decide poaching is not for you, then you can shred the chicken after you cook it with your preferred method.
How To Make The Best Buffalo Sauce for Buffalo Chicken Sliders
My concoction of buffalo sauce and spices comes together in less than five minutes and is very flavorful. All you need is:
- a sauce pan
- buffalo sauce ( I used Franks RedHot Wings Buffalo sauce)
- garlic powder
- seasoned salt.
Once you melt the butter, add the buffalo sauce and seasoning and stir. Once it heats up for a minute or two, you can add the chicken and coat well.
15-Minute Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 6 slider buns
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 oz Franks RedHot Wing Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp seasoned salt
- ranch dressing optional condiment
- First, poach your chicken. (Instructions at the Bon Appetit link in article)
- While the chicken is cooking, make the buffalo sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add buffalo sauce, honey, garlic powder, seasoned salt. Stir well to combine. Bring just to a gentle boil and remove from heat.
- Add shredded chicken to saucepan and toss to coat chicken.
- Place chicken on slider buns and top with ranch (optional)