America has been in quarantine for what feels like forever; but in reality, it's only been a month and a half. Working from home has been great with no commute and getting to wear sweatpants all day. But I felt like I was struggling with breakfast ideas during the week. Being at home makes me want the luxury spread of a weekend brunch everyday; but that isn't ideal during the week.
This Bacon Egg Biscuit Bake helped curve my brunch craving. It tastes similar to a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds - so good! If you make in a casserole dish, it will make enough to last you the entire week. Just store it in an airtight container in the fridge and only warm up the portion you are going to eat.
Some notes for you when making this recipe:
- I added 8 eggs to this bake and it formed a thin layer on the bottom on the biscuits. I suggest adding more eggs so it doesn't seem like you are just eating bread.
- For this dish, I used an 8 count can of Pillsbury flaky layers biscuits. The bread to egg ratio was off using the bigger biscuits so I would say go for the generic store brand regular biscuits if you can. If you must use the Pillsbury Grands biscuits, then I would suggest using 6 biscuits in stead of 8.
- Feel free to add more bacon (or whatever meat you choose to add in)
If you make this Bacon Egg Biscuit Bake, please let me know! You can find me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Bacon Egg Biscuit Bake
- 10 eggs
- 10 slices bacon cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray your casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut your bacon and biscuits and set aside.
- Crack 10 eggs in a bowl. Add milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk until eggs are scrambled.
- Add the biscuits and ¾ bacon into the eggs. Stir well to mix all ingredients together.
- Pour everything into the greased casserole dish.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Add cheese and the remaining bacon to the top.
- Put back in the oven for 10 minutes to melt the cheese on top. Enjoy!