2020 has been a weird year on so many levels but man, has it flown by! I cant believe it's almost the holiday season. The summer is winding down and the store aisles are quickly filling up with pumpkins and fall decor. One of my staple salads to eat during the autumn season is this fall salad with homemade balsamic dressing.
Crispy romaine lettuce topped with rotisserie chicken, diced pears, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and shaved almonds makes up this fall salad. You can add the toppings two ways: layer them all pretty on top in rows or toss them all together before adding the dressing.
Speaking of dressing, I can't wait to share my simple homemade balsamic dressing with you! It pairs perfectly with the fruit in this fall salad and you probably already have ingredients required.
Making the Balsamic Dressing | Fall Salad
Did you know that store-bought dressings are often high in calories and bad fats? When you dress your salad, it should be as healthy as the salad itself. So because you should stay away from store-bought dressings, I have a simple balsamic dressing you can keep in your repertoire.
Ingredients you will need: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic clove (minced), salt, pepper.
Directions: combine all ingredients in a small bowl/container with a lid, shake or still until combined. Note: If separation occurs, stir again until mixed.
That's it! How easy, right? Oh, another benefit I should mention is the dressing can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Coming from a household who eats salads on a weekly basis, having dressing that lasts 2 weeks is unheard of.
If you're looking for other salad recipes, make sure to bookmark my Strawberry Spinach Salad or my Detox Kale Salad. Be sure to comment or DM me on instagram and let me know how you like this salad.
Fall Salad with Homemade Balsamic Dressing
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 4 oz Rotisserie chicken you can also make grilled chicken
- ½ pear diced
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon shaved almonds
- 1-2 tbsp feta cheese
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash lettuce and cut into small pieces. Put 2 cups aside in a bowl.
- Top the salad with chicken, pears, dried cranberries, shaved almonds and feta cheese.
- Place in neat rows across the top or toss the salad together.
Make Balsamic Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl/container with a lid.
- Shake or stir until combined.
- If separation occurs, stir again until mixed.
- Dress your salad and enjoy!