Sunday afternoons are when I meal prep. But when I'm planning my meals for the week, it can be hard to think of quick and healthy breakfast options that I won't get sick of. Eggs for breakfast is always a go-to, but I get sick of hard-boiled by like the third day. Meal Prep Egg Muffins are not only easy to make but they are full of protein and low in calories.
Meal Prep Egg Muffins are simple to customize depending on what you like in your eggs or whatever ingredients you may have on hand. The egg muffins pictured were made with:
- Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage links
- Cherry Tomatoes (diced)
- Yellow onion (diced)
- Spinach (chopped)
- Green Pepper (diced)
You simply make these on Sunday and keep them in the fridge for the rest of the week. For me, the best part about these egg muffins is that they don't lose flavor when you warm them up. Note: You can warm them in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
If you make these Meal Prep Egg Muffins, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Meal Prep Egg Muffins
- 12 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 links Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Diced
- 1 cup Green Pepper Diced
- ½ cup Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 cup Spinach Chopped
- Preheat Oven to 400°F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together and set aside.
- Chop and dice the vegetables and protein that you choose to add.
- Fill each muffin cup with the vegetables and protein. Then add the eggs to each muffin cup. NOTE: Only fill the muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Cook in preheated oven oven for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are browned on the outside and fully cooked inside.