I’m a huge fan of meal prep and sometimes thinking of breakfast ideas can be difficult. Meal prep can be redundant so it’s good to switch it up frequently. These simple breakfast quesadillas are the ultimate because you can stuff them with anything you desire.
It only takes 20 minutes to assemble these quesadillas. I stuffed mine with scrambled eggs, green peppers, red onion, and tomatoes. I topped with avocado (not pictured). But the stuff options are endless – you can add meats, more cheeses, more veggies, etc.
*Tip: if you use Burrito sized quesadillas, you can fit more ingredient and it will hold better*
If you make these Simple Breakfast Quesadillas, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Simple Breakfast Quesadillas
- 1 burrito size tortilla
- 2 eggs scrambled
- ⅓ green pepper chopped
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper until they are well blended.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and cook the green peppers, tomatoes, and onions until softened.
- Add the eggs in the skillet and cook over medium heat until the eggs and veggies are cooked thoroughly.
- In a separate skillet, warm the tortilla over medium heat, flipping often.
- When the pan and tortilla are warm, sprinkle cheese ½ of the tortilla. Top the cheese with scrambled eggs and your mix-ins. Then top that with more cheese, and fold the tortilla in half.
- Let the quesadilla cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, Then filp and cook the second side until golden and crispy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Immediately remove from the heat and transfer to a cutting board to cool and cut.
- Serve immediately with salsa, sour cream, etc.