I never would have imagined that sweet potatoes would be on a breakfast menu, but they actually are a very healthy way to start the day. These breakfast bowls are full of fiber, healthy carbs, and Vitamin A. When topped with almond butter you get the added benefits of protein, calcium, and healthy fats.
The toppings you use on the bowls are completely up to you! I used raisins, shaved almonds, pecans, and almond butter. But you can add chia seeds, other fruits or nuts, etc.
If you make these Sweet Potato bowls, please let me know! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @thathangrygurl.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls
Mashed sweet potatoes topped with almond butter, raisins, and pecans for a deliciously different type of way to start the day.
- 1 very large sweet potato or 2 small sweet potatoes
- ½ slightly ripe mashed banana
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon shaved almonds
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- cinnamon to taste
- Cook your sweet potato. (I choose the microwave method: wash your sweet potato and poke holes with a fork on one side of the potato. Then place the hole side up on a microwave-safe plate. Put in microwave for 6 minutes. Flipping the potato halfway through.)
- Let the sweet potato cool before peeling.
- Mash sweet potato with cinnamon and½ ripe mashed banana.
- Top with raisins and chopped nuts and other toppings you desire.
- If eating right away, drizzle with almond butter.
- If eating later, top with almond butter just before serving and reheating.
Leave a Reply